Join us for
Great Maine Apple Day 2011
Sunday, October 21
at MOFGA's Common Ground Education Center
in Unity, Maine
12 noon- 4PM
Admission: $4 ($2 for members of MOFGA and The Maine Pomological Society)
Celebrate the History, Flavor
and Tradition of Maine Apples
• Educational Workshops & Talks: fruit
tree pruning, cooking with old time apple recipes, Maine's rich
apple history, wine and cider making, organic tree care.
• See & Taste Rare and Heirloom Apples:
Bring your own varieties to show and taste
• Identifying your Mystery Variety: Our Dream
Team of Maine Apple Identifiers will help you identify your apples.
• Vendors: Local and organic apples, apple
products, cheeses and other local handmade products
• Cider Pressing All Day: Participants are
encouraged to bring their own apples for the tasting table. Please
bring 3-5 clean apples (you need not be able to identify them)
• Apple Pie Contest: Bring your apple pie
to share! Tasting will be at 3:30 pm.
All entries should include ingredient information.
For more information, see www.mofga.org
or call MOFGA at 568-4142.
Sponsored by MOFGA, Fedco, and the University of Maine Cooperative