Expand AllClose All
- What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
- When ordering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details.
- When do we collect information?
- We collect information from you when you enter information or place an order on our site.
- How do we use your information?
- We may use the information we collect from you when you make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To process your transactions quickly.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- How do we protect visitor information?
To make your visit to our site as safe as possible, our website is scanned on a daily basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is accessible only by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when you place an order, enter, submit, or access your information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Do we use 'cookies'?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Firefox or Chrome) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser: If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled. It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services, such as login and ordering, will not function properly.
However, you can still place an order by downloading a paper order form (or requesting one by calling 207-426-9900) and mailing it in.
- Third-party disclosure
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
- Third-party links and advertising
- We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
- Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a service of Google, to help us monitor traffic patterns on our website (landing page, conversion rate, etc.)
Users can disable this with the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
- California Online Privacy Protection Act
In accordance with CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users are able to change their personal information by emailing us or by calling us.
- How does our site handle Do Not Track (DNT) signals?
- We are exploring how to honor Do Not Track signals, but we do not track or plant cookies for any purpose other than to enable ordering.
- Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
- We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking on our site.
- COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
For the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
- Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email within 7 business days. We will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
- We collect your email address in order to:
- Activate ordering
- Process orders and send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send information, respond to inquiries or other requests.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- CAN-SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of promotional email.
- To unsubscribe
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future promotional emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence not directly related to your order.
- Contacting Us
PO Box 520
Clinton, ME 04927
Still have unanswered questions? Email us: email@example.com
Last Edited on 2016-02-22