Save on Shipping with OGS Depot Pickup!
Want to order some rock powders or a sack of wheat seed, but find the cost of shipping prohibitive? Never fear—shipping depots are here!
We can ship full pallets of goods at much lower per-pound rates than FedEx packages, but few customers order hundreds of pounds at a time. We have farms and storefronts throughout the Northeast lined up to accept monthly pallet shipments of OGS goods so our customers can pick up their orders close to home at shipping costs up to 80% lower than FedEx rates. For specific rates, see the depot shipping chart. There will be one delivery of potatoes and onions sets to depots in April.
- OGS orders can ship to most depots March-May. A few depots accept shipments only in April, when the potato orders ship. Our most popular depots also receive a September shipment. We have to adjust this schedule based on order volume and the availability of our depot coordinators.
- Depot orders are accepted online only, as we need to communicate with depot customers electronically.
- We accept depot orders all winter, but depot shipments won't begin until March. During depot shipping season, each depot has a monthly order deadline. Alice’s mechanic says his work is “good, fast, and cheap: pick two.” We do not recommend depot ordering if you are in a hurry! We will send pickup instructions when your order is ready. Your order will be stored inside and clearly labeled with your name. We ask customers to pick up their orders within a week of arrival at the depot.
- Group orders are welcome to ship to depots to double up on their savings.
- We need to collect at least 500 lbs worth of orders to make a depot shipment happen. If we have to cancel a depot shipment, we will offer to rebill you for FedEx shipping or to cancel and refund your order.
We currently have active depots in the following locations: None. There will be a depot shipment in September (order in August), and monthly depot shipments will resume in March .
Depot masters receive bulk pricing on OGS & Potatoes, Onions and Exotics products and a small commission on depot orders. If you can accept truck shipments and would like to be a depot master, contact us: email@example.com. We are actively seeking a depot location in New Hampshire.