Orchard and Garden Pest Patrol
These products provide a degree of insect control and will help certified growers meet the requirements of rule 205.206 of the National Organic Program.
Also consider row covers for excellent protection from insects, including insect netting and Agribon.
• Click here for orchard tools.
While we try to stay current with product specifications, product formulations are subject to change without notice.
Inoculants, soil amendments, fertilizers, livestock supplies and pesticides are labeled as:
OMRI: Organic Materials Review Institute. Most state certifying agencies, including MOFGA, accept OMRI approval.
MOFGA: Maine Organic Farmers & Gardeners Association. Reviewed by MOFGA and allowed for use on MOFGA-certified farms. Check with your certifier.
WSDA: The Washington State Department of Agriculture’s Organic Certifying division has approved these products for use in organic agriculture in Washington State. MOFGA has indicated that they will accept products on this list for their certification program. Check with your certifier.
Nat’l List: One-ingredient products on the NOP* List of Allowed Substances (subpart G of the Organic Foods Production Act, sections 205.601-606). Check with your certifier.
AYC: Products whose active ingredient is on the list of allowed substances, but which are not on the OMRI or WSDA list. Ask your certifier.
Not Allowed: A few of the products we list are not allowed for organic production but we think they have a place in sensible agriculture and can be used when certification is not an issue.
• Click here for our list of soil amendments, fertilizers, and disease and insect controls along with their certification status and manufacturers.
MOFGA leads the way in growing Maine’s agricultural community. We at Fedco committed ourselves to raising at least $50,000 for MOFGA over five years. You can help in this effort, with easy actions on the check-out page.
- Add a donation to MOFGA with your order. Add any amount in the donation box.
- Donate any refund to MOFGA, and we will match your donation. Just click your choice of dollar limit.
- Let us know you are a MOFGA member, and we will make a donation equal to 1% of your order total.