Ordering from Potatoes, Onions and Exotics
To enable ordering from our online catalog, enter your email address and ZIP Code. Our secure check-out takes all major cards.
Three methods to build your order:
- Browse the catalog, and order from the Quick View box.
- Read individual pages, and order at the bottom.
- From a marked-up paper catalog, use our simple form to enter stock numbers; we’ll confirm the name and price.
To place an order by mail, please use the POE 2023 order form from the center of our catalog, or download it here.
We do not take fax or phone orders.
Potatoes, Onions and Exotics Discounts
Volume Discounts are based on your order total, before adding shipping charges.
- Orders over $100 deduct 5%
- Orders over $300 deduct 10%
- Orders over $600 deduct 15%
- Orders over $1200 deduct 20%
- For orders over 1000 lbs, please download our bulk price list.
Consumer Member Discount: Consumer members of the Cooperative earn a 1% discount on all orders. If you log in using the email address we have in our member database, the discount will apply automatically. If you are a member and the discount does not appear, please write us a note in the Order Comments space on the final checkout page; and we will refund you as appropriate.
Group orders: We take group orders online or by mail. Group coordinators and group members click here for info, including how to form a new group.
Potatoes, Onions and Exotics Deadlines
February 24, 2023 - Order deadline for ginger and turmeric.
April 14, 2023 - Deadline for placing an order for Spring pickup.
We will accept orders until late spring, when we run out of stock. NOTE: We anticipate high order volume this year, order early if you need your potatoes early. Orders placed before March 8th will be shipped according to growing zone as usual. Orders placed after March 8th will be shipped later, and in the order in which they were received.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover cards, and Fedco gift certificates. Payment must accompany all orders. (Except, government agencies and non-profit organizations should call us to set up your Purchase Order before you order.)
For mailed orders, we accept checks and money orders as well as cards.
We will charge your card when we receive your order. We will send you a bill or refund for any adjustments as each order is completed.
Orders shipped to Maine addresses and all pickup customers pay 5.5% sales tax. We must collect local taxes in states that require us to do so.
TAX EXEMPT? Farms and retailers: We need a copy of your state resale certificate or farm exemption, otherwise we must charge sales tax.
- For mail orders, send us a photocopy of your certificate.
- For online orders, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a scan of your tax exemption certificate before placing your order.
|Maine addresses and all pickups||Pay 5.5% sales tax on Adjusted Total|
|CO, MA, MD, MI, UT, VA||Pay your local tax rate on Adjusted Total|
|AK, CT, GA, IL, IN, KY, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WA, WI, WV||Pay your local tax rate on Adjusted Total plus Shipping|
Potatoes, Onions and Exotics Shipping
- For orders of potatoes and onion sets placed before March 8 shipping begins in early April, starting with the warmer states and progressing towards the cooler Northeast. Late orders placed after March 8 will be shipped later, and in the order they were received. Shipping of all orders will conclude in early May.
- We cannot ship potatoes and onion sets before that; please do not ask us to do so.
- Most small orders ship via FedEx Ground or USPS. See the shipping details.
- Onion plants and sweet potato slips are drop-shipped based on planting zone. They come directly from the grower, and not with your potatoes.
- We ship by Common Carrier beginning the week of March 27. Is your order over 200#? Click here for Truck Shipping info.
- For Depot orders, potatoes and onion sets will be sent in the April delivery. Ginger and turmeric will be shipped in early March directly to the shipping address that you provide, for no additional charge. Sweet potato slips and onion plants will be shipped to you directly from our grower. Click here for more information on Depots to save on shipping for OGS and Potatoes, Onions and Exotics.
We do not ship to Canada, and will not provide materials required for importation permits.
You may select Spring Pickup when checking out online. The deadline for selecting this option is April 14th, 2023. Orders may be picked up April 24-28 or May 1-5, 9AM - 3PM. We will send you a reminder email in the spring. Our warehouse is at 688 Upper Bellsqueeze Road in Clinton, ME 04927. The OGS warehouse will be open for shopping. If you do not pick up your order during the designated spring pickup weeks, we will rebill your card for the cost of shipping the order.
No ReturnsNo returns. If you bought it, it’s yours! See limited guarantee for defective products, only.
We guarantee that all items we offer are fully satisfactory. If you are dissatisfied because of any product defect, we will either replace the item or refund the purchase price. Please inspect and check over your order upon receipt and use the enclosed form to notify us immediately of any problems.
Limitation of Liability: Because good results depend upon weather, soil and cultural practices over which we have no control, we limit our liability in all instances to the purchase price. The liability of Fedco Seeds, Inc., for breach of warranty, or any loss or damages arising out of the purchase or use of our products, including loss or damages resulting from any negligence whatsoever on our part, or strict liability in tort, shall be limited to the purchase price. By acceptance of the merchandise, the buyer acknowledges that the limitations and disclaimers herein described are conditions of sale, and that they constitute the entire agreement between the parties regarding any warranty or liability.
Claims for errors in your order must be presented withing 30 days of receipt of your order. Claims for any product defects should be presented to Fedco as soon as possible after discovery. Failure to assert claims within 30 days after discovery renders this warranty null and void.